
These are my two chocolate pies I made from scratch. They turned out pretty good almost as good as my Nannie's. Here is the recipe for anyone that may want it:
Grandma’s chocolate pie
Filling ingredients:
4 tablespoons of cocoa or 1 1/2 squares of baking chocolate
3/4 cups of sugar
5 tablespoons of flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cups of milk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
2 egg yolks, beaten slightly
1 tablespoon of butter
Meringue ingredients:
2 egg whites
1/8 teaspoon of salt
4 tablespoons of sugar
Your favorite pie crust
Method:
Mix your sugar, flour, salt, cocoa, eggs and milk (all except vanilla and butter) with a whisk.
Cook while stirring on medium until it bubbles and thickens, about five to 10 minutes. If it becomes lumpy, just beat out the lumps. (It will not get any thicker in the oven so cook until it's as thick as you want it.)
Remove from heat and stir in your vanilla and butter. Meanwhile, poke holes in your pie crust with a fork and bake it at 350 until it’s brown, about 20 minutes.
Beat your egg whites with salt and when they start to get fluffy add the sugar. Pour the chocolate custard into the baked pie shell and top with the beaten egg whites. Bake it until it the peaks on the meringue are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
I also made the same night a wonderful Monterey Chicken that I will definitely be making on a regular basis. Very easy to make and so delicious.

MONTEREY CHICKEN
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. bar-b-que sauce ( I use Bull's Eye)
1/4 c. real bacon bits
1 c. colby and jack cheese, shredded
1 14 oz. can Rotel tomatoes, drained (canned with green chilies added)
sliced green onions
pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pound out chicken breasts to flatten. Season with pepper. Grill chicken until no long pink (we used our George Foreman grill) and place on baking sheet covered with foil. Top each chicken breast with one tablespoon bar-b-que sauce, 1/4 c. cheese, 1/4 c. tomatoes, green onions and one tablespoon of bacon bits. Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
I will definitely be posting recipes and reviews as I make new things. Tonight I have made a stuffed roast with the usual carrots and potatoes. It was stuffed with garlic and rosemary. It sure smells yummy in my crock pot right now.
When I am not on Pinterest I love searching ebay and online boutiques for some great bargains for my daughter Blaire. Just a couple days ago I was on facebook and ran across Matilda Jane having 75% off for two hours only on certain items on their website. They didn't have any of the dresses left in Blaire's size but I did score her 2 cute tops. Got both of them for 17.19. That also included taxes and shipping. Woo-hoo!!


Definitely going to find a cute pair of denim carpi's, sandals and don't forget a large white bow to go with these 2 bargains.
Our sweet Blaire is getting bigger and smarter everyday. She is very active and loves having pretend conversations with our cell phones. She turned 18 months on January 13th. She is so not a little girl anymore. She has become very independent. Blaire loves wearing my jewelery and trying on new clothes. haha. I have a feeling she is going to be a girly girl. At Christmas she was more excited about the clothes and new shoes. Guess I may have my hands full??
Boy time sure does fly can't believe our sweet girl will be 2 in July.
No comments:
Post a Comment